Reaching new heights in education — with your help
Opening new worlds of discovery to help children achieve their unique potential and become the thoughtful leaders of tomorrow — that’s been the vision of Mountaineer Montessori School since 1976.
This year, we elevated that lofty ideal through several program enhancements that inspired our students, community and state.
- Opening West Virginia’s only Montessori Middle School, providing an unparalleled academic experience that prepares adolescents for a lifetime of learning and service.
- Expanding our financial aid program to serve a growing number of MMS families.
- Launching “MMS@50 Strategic Plan to guide us to a half-century of excellence and innovation in education.
- Enhancing foreign language instruction by beginning to integrate Spanish as a classroom subject and increasing instruction time.
- Inspiring environmental awareness through a City of Charleston art exhibition, “Flotsam,” which featured amazing creatures MMS students formed from plastic bottles that accumulated during the West Virginia water crisis.
- Sponsoring training for four faculty members at the most rigorous Montessori training programs in the country. In addition, our Head of School completed Tier One of Montessori Administrators Training and will complete Tier Two in 2015 (only a handful of principals in the United States have completed this level of certification).
Maria Montessori believed that the goal of education was to unleash a child’s potential and transform him into a citizen of the world. Through the investments we are making in our students, faculty and families, we are realizing Maria Montessori’s goal every day.
While tuition covers most of our expenses, it is only through fundraising such as this annual appeal that we can offer programs like those described and serve the growing number families turning to MMS for a high-quality alternative to one-size-fits all education.
We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to elevate education in the year ahead with a tax-deductible gift to the MMS Annual Fund. Tax credits through the Neighborhood Investment Program can make your investment go much further. A $1,000 donation, for example, could actually entail a $300 out-of-pocket cost after tax credits and deductions. These tax credits are very limited and available for donations of $500 and up.
You can make a donation today online or call our office for more information: 304/342-7870.
Yours in service to the child,
Your friends at Mountaineer Montessori School