MMS 2020-21 Prospective Parent Tours Scheduled
Virtual school tours and private Zoom admissions sessions for the 2020-21 school year at Mountaineer Montessori school are underway.
Private, 45-minute Zoom sessions with MMS Director Jennifer Carriger will be held on:
- Thursday, August 27, 1: 15 and 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, August 28, 1:15 and 2:15 p.m.
- Monday, August 31, 1:15 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1, 1:15 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
To begin the admissions process, we invite you to:
- Watch the two videos below for a virtual tour of our classrooms and facilities and get an overview of our curriculum and programs.
- Explore this website for information on our school philosophy and history; basics of the Montessori approach to education education; a look at our programs for each level as well as arts and enrichment activities; to meet our faculty; and see other items of interest to prospective parents.
- Complete this online form to request more information or schedule a Zoom admissions session.
Please note and save the Zoom link and log in information:
Meeting ID: 940 1442 1447
Mountaineer Montessori Enrollment Part I: Virtual Tour
MMS Enrollment Part II: Overview of Programs and Curriculum
Tomorrow begins today!
Virtual tours for the 2020-21 school year at Mountaineer Montessori School have been scheduled.
Families interested in enrolling a student in Primary (ages 3-6), Elementary (ages 6-12) or Middle School (ages 12-14) classes next year are invited to reserve their space at one of the following upcoming tours:
Classes fill up quickly and MMS has maintained a waiting list for the past several years. Future MMS families are encouraged to begin the admissions process at their earliest convenience.
MMS serves more than 140 children ages 3-14 in a fully implemented Montessori environment, offering an expansive academic and arts curriculum, along with an extensive after-school program, summer camps, foreign language, chess, robotics, individual learning support, cross country and other enrichment activities. Founded in 1976, MMS is the original and largest Montessori school in West Virginia, and offers the first Montessori Middle School program in the state. MMS is an AMS Pathways to Continuous School Improvement school and the only full member of the America Montessori Society in West Virginia. All lead teachers train at programs certified by the Association Montessori Internationale or the American Montessori Society. Financial is available.
MMS considers all children for admission based upon their readiness for school, potential for success in a Montessori classroom and our enrollment capacity. MMS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, religion or ethnic or national origin in its admission policy.