The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life. Plato
Education is the best investment you can make in your child’s future. An MMS education helps your child fulfill his or her unique potential and lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning, achievement, meaning and service.
MMS tuition compares favorably, or is less than, fees at private schools in similar communities that offer an authentic Montessori education, breadth and depth of academic and arts programming, equivalent student-teacher ratio, level of faculty training and experience and school and gymnasium facilities and materials. However, we understand that tuition cost is a very real consideration for all parents and appreciate the sacrifices families make to provide the best for their child.
To make the MMS educational experience available to more children, MMS has launched a tuition assistance program. Through this program, families may apply for a reduction in tuition based upon their financial status. While the availability of school resources, the number of qualified applicants and overall budgetary constraints influence financial assistance decisions, MMS is committed to making grants available to as many eligible applicants as possible, subject to enrollment capacity.
The FAST application is completed online and supporting documents are mailed to ISM’s offices for verification. ISM’s FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather, FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service. FAST forwards a report to MMS that includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information submitted to FAST is secure and confidential. Your application is considered complete once all documents have been received and verified by FAST.
Our Financial Aid Committee, comprised of the Head of School, school accountant and a non-parent member of our Board of Directors, will meet following receipt of the FAST report. The goal of the committee is equitable and consistent distribution of the funds available to current and newly accepted families who have a demonstrated financial need. For current families, commitment to MMS through volunteerism, participation in school events and active engagement in your child’s education may be considered.
All information requested, including tax returns, is kept strictly confidential. The committee’s decision will be communicated to families in writing. We ask that applicants to keep results confidential as well.
Support our scholarship fund
Funding for tuition aid and other financial assistance offered at MMS is generated through our “Lighting the Way for Education” campaign. Your participation as a sponsor, financial contributor, volunteer or committee member will help make an MMS education available to the growing number of families who are seeking a quality alternatives to the one-size-fit-all approach found in most traditional schools.
Financial aid application process
To qualify for financial aid, a student must have received an enrollment packet through the admissions process. Current families’ accounts must be in good standing to apply. Please review and follow the directions below before filling out an application for financial assistance.
- You will be submitting an application online.
- You will need such documents as last year’s tax forms, W-2’s, bank statements, etc. Once you access FAST, link to the downloadable worksheet and user’s guide in the lower left column for the specific documents required.
- The online application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST provides online e-mail support and a 24/7 helpline. Thank you for understanding that MMS is unable to provide technical assistance with the FAST website and application process.
- The charge for the application is $38, to be paid by credit card at the end of the application. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot afford the fee, please call the office (304-324-7870) for assistance.
- To begin, click on the “FAST” icon below.
- After completing the online application, you are required to mail copies last year’s tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s to:
* Write “Mountaineer Montessori School” under your return address on the envelope. Pre-addressed envelopes are available in the office. Do not mail your documents prior to completing the online application. Your tax return and W-2′s must be mailed immediately upon completing the online application. All tax information is kept strictly confidential by ISM and is used solely for compiling the report sent to MMS.