Financial aid process
About the MMS financial aid program:
- All information is strictly confidential, and is only reviewed by our Financial Aid Committee.
- Families must apply for financial aid each school year. Grants are made based upon demonstrated financial need, annual financial aid budget and enrollment capacity.
- Before applying for financial aid, a student must have received an enrollment packet through the admissions process.
- Family commitment to your child’s education through volunteerism, participation in school events and active engagement in your child’s classwork is an important and expected part of the learning experience for all MMS students. Family involvement will be considered when making financial aid awards.
- Current families’ accounts must be in good standing.
Five steps in the financial aid application process:
1. Obtain an admissions packet from the MMS office.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the FAST logo below prior to the deadline.
3. Submit payment ($43, non-refundable) and print the bar code page. (Assistance with this fee may be available.)
4. Within two days of completing the online application, mail (or scan and upload) the following to FAST:
- the bar code page
- copies of your federal and state tax returns
- copies of all W-2s
- copies of all bank statements
- copies of any other requested documents
5. Your application is complete once FAST has received all of your financial documents
Helpful notes (read before beginning your application):
- The application is self-guided and accessed by clicking the FAST logo below. Enter your name on the application exactly as it appears on your tax return. You can partially complete an application and go back at a later time.
- The non-refundable application fee is payable by Visa or MasterCard. (The application fee will be billed as “Independent School Management (ISM)”.) If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard, you may pay the fee at the MMS office and receive a voucher for your application payment.
- After you have submitted payment, use the “FAST Quick Processing System” to print a bar code page. (To go back to this page, log into your application and click on the link “Quick Processing for Tax documents to be sent.”)
- Use the address below to mail copies of the documents to FAST. Do not mail the documents to MMS. Do not send originals.
- In lieu of mailing the documents, you may upload your documents to FAST by following the links.
- Be sure to submit all requested documents. Your application cannot be processed without all requested documents having been received by FAST.
- Pre-addressed envelopes are available upon request in the school office.
Mail your FAST documents to:
Independent School Management
ATTN: FAST Processing
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
**Write “Mountaineer Montessori School” under your return address on the mailing envelope.
Regarding the FAST application process:
Call the FAST Call Center at 1-877-326-FAST (3278), open 24/7.
Regarding general questions about the MMS financial aid program, please call the office at 304-342-7870.
- <<< Begin the application by clicking the FAST logo.
- All tax information is kept strictly confidential by FAST and is used solely for compiling the report sent to MMS.