“An investment in education pays the best interest.” Benjamin Franklin
Tuition assistance is available to qualified MMS families through our financial aid program. The goal of this program is to support access to our school for students who would benefit from and contribute to our special learning environment. Partial tuition grants are awarded based upon demonstrated financial need, as well as our enrollment capacity, financial aid budget and the number of qualified applicants.
MMS administers financial aid through an independent, external service, FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition). Through FAST, parents submit financial information and FAST provides income verification and a need-based financial analysis to the school.
- All information is strictly confidential, and is only reviewed by our Financial Aid Committee.
- Families must apply for financial aid each school year.
- Before applying for financial aid, a student must have received an enrollment packet through the admissions process.
- Family commitment to MMS through volunteerism, participation in school events and active engagement in your child’s education is expected and will be considered when making financial aid awards.
- Current families’ accounts must be in good standing.
The MMS financial aid program is made available through the generosity of individual, foundation and corporate donors and special fundraising events.
To support our financial aid program, please click here here.
5 Steps in the financial aid application process:
- Obtain an admissions packet through the MMS office.
- Complete the online application via the FAST logo below prior to the deadline (Returning families’ deadline – February 25).
- Submit payment ($41 non-refundable) and when completed, print the bar code page.
- Within 2 days of completing the online application, mail to FAST (or scan and upload to FAST) :
*the bar code page
*copies of your federal and state tax returns,
*copies of all your W-2’s,
*copies of your bank statements,
*copies of any other requested documents
- Your application is complete once FAST has received all of your financial documents.
Helpful notes (read before beginning your application)
- The application is self-guided and accessed by clicking the FAST logo below. Enter your name on the application exactly as it appears on your tax return. You can partially complete an application and go back at a later time.
- The non-refundable application fee of $41, is payable by Visa or MasterCard. (The application fee will be billed as “Independent School Management (ISM)”.) If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard, you may pay the fee at the MMS office and receive a voucher for your application payment.
- After you have submitted payment, use the “FAST Quick Processing System” to print a bar code page. (To go back to this page, log into your application and click on the link “Quick Processing for Tax documents to be sent.”)
- Mail copies of your financial documents to FAST after you have submitted payment. Do not send originals.
- Use the address below to mail the documents to FAST. Do not mail the documents to MMS.
- FAST offers an option to upload documents rather than mailing them.
- Be sure to submit all requested documents. Your application cannot be processed without all requested documents having been received by FAST.
- Pre-addressed envelopes are available upon request in the school office.
Mail your FAST documents to:
Independent School Management
ATTN: FAST Processing
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
**Write “Mountaineer Montessori School” under your return address on the mailing envelope.
Regarding the FAST application process:
Call the FAST Call Center at 1-877-326-FAST (3278), open 24/7.
Regarding general questions about the MMS financial aid program, please call the office at 304-342-7870.
- <<< Begin the application by clicking the FAST logo.
- All tax information is kept strictly confidential by FAST and is used solely for compiling the report sent to MMS.