Parent and Community Education
MMS offers parents and the community many opportunities to learn more about Montessori education and our school. These include:
- Tours for prospective parents.
- Classroom observations for current parents.
- Parent-teacher conferences held twice a year.
- MMS Parent University
- Bi-monthly parent education events for each classroom or class level.
- Shadow Night.
- Orientation events for new students and parents.
- Step-Up Nights for parents of students rising to a new class level.
- Important all-school events such as a “Montessori Journey and Discovery Experience,” “Montessori Outcomes,” and the annual meeting and report to the community held each September.
- Parenting workshops on topics such as Positive Discipline.
- Open houses.
- Public programs such as our Glass Classroom Centennial Celebration and presentations to community groups. (Go here for speaker bureau information.)
- Community of Learners (parental engagement and volunteer opportunities)
- Community Engagement (the Montessori peace philosophy and volunteerism at MMS).