Mountaineer Montessori School: Lighting the way for education since 1976
Mountaineer Montessori School helps each student develop to his or her fullest potential – academically, socially and emotionally. By nurturing each child, we aspire to instill a love of learning, a strong sense of inner discipline and a high level of independence. At Mountaineer Montessori, learning occurs joyfully through exploration and discovery and students develop into socially responsible citizens of the world.
At MMS, we value, respect and nurture human potential and celebrate its diversity. Our programs are designed to free that potential and encourage a lifelong love of learning.
Mountaineer Montessori School exists for children. We:
- view the responsibility for education as a partnership between students, teachers and parents
- understand that children learn in many different ways;
- acknowledge that children learn because they are interested, have creative imaginations and possess the innate desire to become competent;
- recognize that the teacher’s role is to inspire, mentor and facilitate the learning process;
- provide educational experiences that cultivate the child’s sense of independence, self-respect and love of peace; and
- prepare aesthetic learning environments that meet the needs, interests and abilities of the children.
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about Mountaineer Montessori, our programs and people, hear testimonials, see what’s cool about our school and find out how you can help us light the way for education.
Request information about MMS here.